Welcome to Advancing Differentiation: Thinking and Learning for the 21st Century!
Differentiating your instruction is about so much more than simply tailoring materials and activities to different students. It’s about deeply engaging every learner. Challenging students to move beyond the curriculum, think critically and generate new ideas. Helping students manage their emotions and behaviors, direct their own learning, connect concepts across content areas, and, ultimately, make sense of their world. These are the skills that will prepare our students for the future workforce, and they are the skills detailed in this course.
Through these modules you will learn how to:
- Create rigorous concept-based lessons and units for students at every level
- Design authentic, real-world learning experiences
- Build achievement motivation and a growth mindset in students
- Encourage self-regulation and learner autonomy
- Inspire students’ passions and creativity
- Get all students not just learning, but also thinking!
Start by downloading the handout. Whenever there is a downloadable document, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download it.