Welcome to the Engaging Learners Academy Course in Grading and Assessment!
The inherent issue isn’t that grading exists; it’s about how we’re grading. Deep down we know there are better ways to evaluate student learning than assigning a percentage, a number, or a letter grade. Informed educators are aware of the substantial evidence indicating that the new paradigm, Skills/Standards Based Grading (SBG), contributes greatly to meaningful learning. Taught by literacy expert, Dr. Katherine McKnight. In this introductory course you'll:
• Begin your journey toward developing standards- and skills-based grading, even if you are also required to use traditional letters and numbers as grades
• Discover the most important aspects of formative assessment
• Explore research-based strategies for offering effective descriptive feedback
• Learn how self-assessment, peer assessment, and collaboration help students meet their own educational goals
• Acquire resources and learn effective strategies that grow student achievement
K-12 classroom teachers, curriculum developers, and administrators will benefit from this introduction to Skills/Standards Based Grading – whether they’re teaching remotely or in a traditional classroom.